Sealant (caulk) Replacement
Over time, the sealant around windows, doors and expansion joints degrades and requires replacement to prevent water leakage. This replacement process is called recaulking. As with all things in life and construction, there’s a correct way to recaulk that’s not the fastest or easiest. We take great care to:
- Ensure the old sealant does not contain controlled materials to protect your safety and the safety of our employees.
- Properly cut out and dispose of the caulk/sealant and accessory materials such as foam backer rods.
- Correctly clean and prepare the bonding surfaces that will be recaulked.
- Install new closed cell foam backer rods in expansion joint replacements or deep cracks.
- Skillfully install and tool the new sealant to ensure proper bonding and movement.